Corporate Events Manager
Our Corporate Events Manager is responsible for identifying, planning and executing a variety of event-based programs, including meetings, conferences, seminars, presentations and other events both on-site and off-site. The perfect candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking & creative individual with an easy-going personality, great ethical standards as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects with a calm demeanor who demonstrates strong ownership and a take- charge approach.
Our Corporate Events Manager will work with the Senior Manager, Corporate events on multiple projects simultaneously. Enthusiastic individual with exceptional management skills who possesses a proven track record for successfully managing events as well as the ability to work in a constantly changing and demanding environment. This position requires substantial interaction with clients, team members, executives and other departments within Ad Event.
- Provide input to decisions involving meeting design, objectives and
content, negotiations, staff, financial management, business challenges,
- Meeting site visit and selection with an eye toward proactively identifying ways to better serve clients.
- Establish and negotiate lodging and meeting space arrangements and related contracts.
- Work with Corporate Events Senior Manager on event communications.
- Organize and maintain schedules of events and other industry meetings.
- Contribute towards the planning of events, meetings, and
registration evolving to direct leadership and coordination of events;
Research and report creative event options and off-site venues.
- Manage event budget and financials; accuracy and efficiency in financial reconciliation and report preparation.
- Provide onsite event management, support and registration management including inventory, shipping and set-up.
- Immediately adapt to crisis situations by changing processes.
- Facilitate continuous communication between Ad Event, clients,
exhibitors, sponsors, attendees, and suppliers to meet customer
- Overnight travel as required to attend events/meetings (include weekends).
- Effective management of contractors and related staff to assure timely event execution.
- 5-10 years’ experience as an events planner with experience leading event teams.
- Ability to motivate, recognize, influence, and guide the core team using a hands-on approach versus a directing from afar.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with ability to deliver in a deadline-driven environment; sense of urgency.
- Strong multi-tasking & time management; ability to efficiently
prioritize/execute responsibilities conforming to moving demands,
timelines and priorities.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience with contracts.
- Ability to independently schedule, manage and produce events.
- Technical knowledge (A/V); resourceful in providing direction on implementing and resolving.
- Direct but professional communication style.
- Organizational agility, analytical, problem-solving and timely decision-making skills.
- Ability to understand and comprehend client needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable interfacing with all levels including executive management.
- Demonstrated project management and negotiation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A high level of professionalism, responsibility and initiative.
- Proven competency with Excel, Outlook, MS Word and on-line registration systems and reporting technologies.
- Ability to travel 20% including some weekends; willingness to work outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
- Knowledge of local/national venues a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent culture and benefits package.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org